GirlyGlam Makeup Artistry
Covid-19 - Keeping you Safe...
I have always been committed to keeping my clients safe - but never has it been more important than the current situation we find ourselves living in. The Covid-19 pandemic is a public health emergency and as such, it is critical that close contact businesses like mine take steps to keep everyone safe. Social distancing guidelines are essential to stop the spread of the virus. However as a close contact worker, staying 2 metres apart is simply not possible, therefore the UK Government have allowed us to return to work from 15th August 2020 with important risk mitigation to allow us to work closely with our clients once again.
They have produced a set of guidelines for us to implement. The guidelines are constantly evolving, therefore here is a link so you always have the most up to date information.
Here at GirlyGlam, a full risk assessment has been carried out over and above that recommended in the Guidelines. As a lone worker, I am not legally required to write anything down, however, I have produced a full written risk assessment which is available on request. It is a working document. This means that I regularly review it and ensure I am doing all I can to ensure I am not spreading the virus or putting my clients at any other risk.
Here are the other steps I have put in place to keep us both safe along with information on what you can expect at your appointment:
- I will be wearing PPE including a Type 2R mask and visor to mitigate risk where we are not able to maintain 2 metres distance.
(Updated 11/09/2020: Guidelines have been updated to include Poly-carbonate Safety Spectacles as an alternative to a visor)
- My Cleaning & Hygiene regime during and in-between appointments has been reinforced with measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19
- Consultation forms now include Covid-19 questions for Test & Trace purposes and are sent for completion ahead of every appointment. If you develop ANY illness between completing the form and your appointment, you must reschedule.
(Updated 11/09/2020: Collection of information for Test & Trace is now mandatory)
- No guests are currently permitted in order to maintain social distancing as much as possible.
- Layer-up! There are no comfy throws and cushions at present and guidelines recommend a window is left open for ventilation.
- Only bring what you need: Mask, keys, phone. There is a dedicated shelf for these and a bottle of hand sanitiser and tissues for your exclusive use. There is also a bin in case you need to sneeze into a tissue or blow your nose. I will not be able to handle bags and coats so please leave these securely in your car.
- I am currently unable to offer refreshments so the coffee machine has been put away for now. You are welcome to bring your own drink but this must be a lidded bottle of water.
(Updated 11/09/2020: Guidelines have been updated to allow us to serve hot and cold drinks in disposable cups only. In the interests of the environment at a time when plastic consumption has gone through the roof, I will continue not offering refreshments. However you are welcome to bring your own hot/ cold drink and this is no longer restricted to just water)
- Please arrive at your appointment on time (not early or late). Message to say you have arrived (however we usually message) and stay in your car until I let you know it's ok to come to the door. Don't forget your mask. I have a small supply here which a £1 each.
- It is so important we follow the guidelines as closely as possible however, it should be said that in an emergency, for example, the provision of first aid or fire, you will not be required to comply with social distancing guidelines if it would be unsafe to do so.
To My Couples...
You have endured the most difficult time to get married in peacetime living memory. And you have handled it with dignity and aplomb.
Anything I can do to help ease the journey to your vows, I will.
Please keep me informed if you find you need to move your date. As long as I am available, there will be no additional fees for transferring to a new date.
I have lots of unexpected Saturday availability for the rest of 2020 & early 2021 and weekdays are almost always available too.
If you had your heart set on a Summer wedding and are now looking at an Autumn/ Winter date, you now have so many makeup options open to you!
Autumn is my favourite makeup season!
Lots of love! x